This information is out of date.
National General* Short Term Medical
Coverage for 1-11 months (limited to 3 mos starting April 2017).
Low premiums and you can go to any provider without a penalty but a discount if you use Aetna network. Items in the prior year are not covered! This is not an Obamacare qualified plan and tax penalties can apply.
Easy to self-enroll using my personal link for National General: http://quotenatgen.ngic.com/agent/238872
Deductibles $1,000 – $2,500 & $5,000.
$15 monthly association fee included in premium. Initial, additional $35 association enrollment fee will be added to first premium. (These two together appear as a $50 charge on your first bill.)
$1,000,000 maximum except $250,000 on the 50/50% plans.
Can’t answer “no” to medical questions? Then use the Guaranteed Issue option.
Will not cover items treated in past year.
See pages 9-10 of brochure (below) for policy Limitations and Exclusions
• $50 first-dollar benefit per office visit
• Three office visits per coverage term for Standard Issue, two for Guaranteed Issue
• Additional visits are subject to deductible and coinsurance
• Unlimited visits
• You pay $50 per visit; your medical deductible is waived and remaining expenses apply to coinsurance
EMERGENCY ROOM CARE
• Unlimited visits
• Subject to an additional $250 access fee unless admitted to a hospital; costs apply to deductible and coinsurance
• Unlimited trips
• Maximum benefit of $250 per trip
Tele-medicine services — unlimited consults included with required Life Association membership.
PPO Discount Network
• Aetna Choose your doctor from the 850,000 participating providers in the Aetna Open
• Choice PPO Network to cut your health care costs by an average of 50%.
6 Accident benefit optional $2,500 ($11.50/mo) to $10,000
5 Dental optional sample rates $12.75 to $37.11/mo
Medical Questions below must all be answered no for coverage to be issued.
- Are you or any applicant:
- Now pregnant, an expectant father, in process of adoption, or undergoing infertility treatment?
- Over 300 pounds if male or over 250 pounds if female?
- Within the last 5 years has any applicant been diagnosed, treated, or taken medication for or experienced signs or symptoms of any of the following: cancer or tumor, stroke, heart disease including heart attack, chest pain or had heart surgery, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) or emphysema, Crohn’s disease, liver disorder, degenerative disc disease or herniation/bulge, rheumatoid arthritis, kidney disorder, diabetes, degenerative joint disease of the knee, alcohol abuse or chemical dependency, or any neurological disorder?
- Within the last 5 years has any applicant been diagnosed or treated by a physician or medical practitioner for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or tested positive for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)?
- Have you been hospitalized for mental illness in the last 5 years or have you seen a psychiatrist on more than 5 times during the last 12 months?
- If you are not a US Citizen, do you expect to legally reside in the US for the duration of the coverage? (This plan does not cover expenses incurred outside of the United States, Canada or its possessions.)
*National General Insurance, formerly the GMAC Insurance Group is a Winston-Salem, North Carolina-based property and casualty insurance company. The company was founded in 1920. Wikipedia