The following are my personal notes and is not a legal description of Medicare.
Notes on Medicare Supplements effects on Medicare A & B Coverages assuming the insured has our recommendation of Medicare Supplement Plan G and a Part D Prescription Card.
- The single, annual $185.50 deductible for Part B (doctors).
- Prescription Deductibles & Co-pays under your Part D policy.
- Hospital observation. (You must be formally admitted for coverage!)
- Physicians who have opted-out of Medicare (Private contracting – Boutique practices)
- Drugs not covered by your Part D policy.
- Some doctor wellness testing – ask before your physical.
- Physical Therapy (PT) and Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) services combined in excess of $1,980.
- Hearing aids and exams for fitting them.
- Nursing home custodial care. (Long term care is the answer – ask me)
- More than 190 days of inpatient psychiatric hospital services during your lifetime.
- Hospitalization after Lifetime Reserve of 60 days is exhausted and the additional year supplements provide.
- Chiropractic (except for adjustments)
- Routine foot care